CAPITAL AREA REPEATER SOCIETY
ANNUAL MEETING MINUTES FOR OCTOBER 23, 2017
- Meeting was called to order at 1902local with 8 members and 1 guest present.
- Secretaries report was read and approved.
- Nominations for Board of Directors occurred.
– 1 Seat was made vacant by KC1CHJ unable to return as Vice President. Position will need to be filled before January 1.
– All other board members were reelected.
- Elections for Officers occurred.
– Motion to accept the 3 current officers was forwarded and passed unanimously.
- Secretary will send out email asking the members for someone to step into the role.
- Treasurers Report was read and approved.
- IRS Status was discussed
– A full explanation of the fees occurred with a progress report. Announcement will be made when final outcome is known.
- Membership dues suggestion of $35 was made.
– Society must maintain 20+ members to continue operating.
– Dues are due Jan 1
– Motion for Dues was forwarded and approved.
- Secretary will make postcards and send to past and present members about dues.
- Tech Committee Report
– 220 Machine is still in progress
– Due to the operational issues with the Fusion Radio, the radio is ready to return to owner.
– Currently no major issues are being seen on either .940 or .225
– Other Plauswa Hill Status items discussed
– Discusion of Emergency Power, the possibility of getting an inverter (Tech committee will investigate. (Current machine is AC Only if Sec memory serves correct)
- Work party is on hold for various reasons.
- Net Request forms will be made into a PDF by Secretary and posted to the website. All requests will be sent to Secretary for processing.
- Website is stable with limited changes suggested
- New Business Discussion of Ares use of repeaters. Society decided ARES has priority on repeater for public service events, drills and emergencies.
- Next meeting on or about January 22, 2018
- Meeting Adjourned 2000local