CONTOOCOOK VALLEY RADIO CLUB
GENERAL MEETING 10/10/17
- NOTE: Collected $10.00 from Jim Fowler (KA1SU) for 2018 dues. (See #10 below)
- Meeting started at 7:30 pm.
- There were 18 people present.
- The Secretary’s report was given and accepted
- The Treasurer’s was given by the Secretary in the absence of the Treasurer.
It too was accepted.
- Activities Report: a) Music on Main St. – Henniker – went well. We had about 6 volunteers assisting with traffic and etc.
- Pedaling for Payson also went well.
- The upcoming Regatta on the Merrimack River is coming up. Meet at the Memorial Field in Pembroke. Be there by about 7:30 AM.
- Dec. 9th is the date for the Christmas Party. It will be at the Ichiban Restaurant – no change in venue.
- Mike Plunkett gave us an update on the Scholarship Committee.
- Larry Beagle , after discussion, moved that we accept the offer of a backup repeater (a Yaesu Fusion). In exchange we well award Jim Fowler a Lifetime membership to CVRC.
- The above was moved, seconded, voted upon and passed unanimously.
- Skip Crilly gave a presentation on SETI (The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence).
Skip works from the Green Bank Observatory in West Virginia.
- His talk was fascinating. (Noted that he spends much of his time “looking” at a small group of Eriadoni stars in one particular place.
- The meeting was adjourned shorty after the talk was ended. (between 9:30 and 10:00).
Steve Jones, CVRC Secretary N1JHJ