CVRC STEERING COMMITTEE MTG.
September 26, 2017
- Meeting started at 7:16 pm.
- Present: Larry Beagle, Steve Jones, Mickie and Dale Clement, Frank Ross, Mike Plunkett, Jen & Jeff Shaw.
- Mike reviewed some questions he had relative to the continuing activities of the Scholarship Committee.
- As a result of discussion the following conclusions are agreed to: We will strive for a $400 dollar goal this year. Mike will try to identify 3 fund raising people to assist him in his activities. This year the following schools will be contacted: JS., Hop., Kear., MV, and possibly CHS.
- Mike wishes to continue with the use of a 5 judge panel.
- He still wants to continue with the use of collection cans.
- He wants to investigate the use for fund raising, of printing or embroidering ‘T’ shirts.
- He wishes to have each of the 3 fundraisers carry receipt books. Each receipt has to have on it, that the donation is not tax deductible due to our 501 C7 tax status. (hobby club)
- Mike will attempt to identify each of the 3 fund raisers by the next meeting, Oct. 10th.
- Mike will send notices to the guidance counsellors of the schools to be targeted.
- There will be no new venue for the Christmas Party. We will continue at Ichiban Restaurant, as in the past. (Food costs are tip included, as in the past.)
- Mickie gave her Treasurer’s Report. Some bills were paid, but no major changes reported.
- Steve gave his minutes report of the last General Meeting, for which Mickie took notes.
- Repeater: Report given by Frank. Larry moved to purchase a new backup battery and a FLOAT type charger. Funds to not exceed $200.00
- Jeff is lining up a new speaker from Greenbank Observatory, to talk about SETI.
- The meeting was closed.
Steve Jones, CVRC Secretary N1JHJ