CONTOOCOOK VALLEY RADIO CLUB
GENERAL MEETING – 8/8/17
- There were 25 people present.
- The Treasurer’s Report was given and accepted. No major changes occurred since the last report.
- For Field Day, June, 2017, the final score was 9,750 points. This was a very good score.
- Aug. 22nd is the date of the next Executive (Steering) Committee meeting.
- It was noted that Sept. 16th about 10 operators will be needed for the Peddling for Payson activity.
- At the Sept. 12th meeting, Jock Irvine will give a presentation on operating with QRP CW.
- The formal portion of our meeting was adjourned at about 8:00 pm.
- Next Peter Stohrer gave his talk on current issues related to the ARRL.
- He emphasized the need and use of emergency radio communications, everywhere.
- He mentioned that the Granite State Phone net operates on 3.973 MHz or on 3965 LSB, at 8:00 pm and of course, at 9:00 pm on the 146.94 FM repeater.
- He mentioned the important role of the Public Information Officer within the ARES groups.
- Pete, at the end of his talk, distributed some of the ARRL’s newest publications.