CONTOOCOOK VALLEY RADIO CLUB
STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING – 7/25/17
- The meeting started at 7:30 pm.
- Steve Jones read the minutes of the July 11th General Meeting (minutes taken by Mickie Clement in Steve’s absence).
- Present today: Lanette – KA1NKD, Jen – K1JNE, Steve – N1JHJ, Larry – KB1RIJ.
- Also arriving late Frank – N1FDR and Jeff – KB1WTI.
- Noted that Lanette was also here to discuss the sale of her husband’s ham station. She brought photos, and etc. for us to peruse.
- Noted that 5-10 metal stakes for Field Day antenna masts, need grinding. Steve and Larry can handle, but at a future date.
- Jen reminds us that the trailer roof repair still needs to be done. We need to get the sealant and some additional manpower.
- We are anxious to locate some quantity (50 or less) club brochures for use at the NIGHT OUT AGAINST CRIME, which occurs on Aug. 1st.
- People should come between 5 and 8 pm. Some can come earlier, if interested.
- Dale is wondering if we can make a K1B QSL card. From Field Day we received about 6 cards, requesting a response.
- Larry is still seeking some rollers for our antenna masts. He will continue his contacts with someone who is believed to have some.
- Mickie reported that we spent about $224.31 on club picnic food expenses. This figure is quite a bit less than we spent in previous years.
- Our repeater is operating quite well. It puts out about 40 watts , but the “cans” only allow about 20 watts to the antenna. We had discussion about getting the cans disassembled, cleaned, reassembled and retuned.
- The 6/6 to 7/5 Treasurer’s Report was given by Mickie. The club is in good shape, albeit we did have to buy a new large tent.
- The next General Meeting is Aug. 8th. Pete Stohrer will present info on ARRL happenings.
- The meeting was adjourned at 9:13 pm. It was seconded, voted and passed to adjourn.
Steve Jones, CVRC Secretary N1JHJ