CONTOOCOOK VALLEY RADIO CLUB
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING -5/23/17
- Present: Jen, Mike, Jeff, Larry, Steve
- Status of Scholarship Committee: Only 3 applications are available. Chairman Mike has about another 5 which we are not currently able to get a hold of.
- We are putting this committee activity on hold until we can contact Mike.
- Discussion: Should we change our tax status from 501 C7 to 501 C3. We called N1KPT, Dave Connor, accountant, for advice.
- After much discussion, we decided it was way out of our ability to change over, and way too expensive, also.
- Because of this, we are going to put a hold on the auction idea.
- After a query by Steve Jones, it was agreed to stop printing minutes of meetings on paper. We will just file them in various computers with backup capabilities.
- Mickie’s Treasurer’s Report was read and approved, although she was absent today.
- Today the new repeater was put on the air for the first time officially. It will operate at 5 watts output for the time being, as a test.
- Club trailer repair: We moved to spend up to $200.00 for the following repairs: tarring leaky roof joints, cover or fill holes in trailer body, create some sort of overhang over rear doors so as to prevent further rust at door joints, making any needed repairs in doors so that they lock more securely. Motion was voted on and approved.
- Noted that certain measurements would have to be made so various materials could be purchased, as needed.
- The tentative date for trailer repairs was set for June 10th.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 pm.
Steve Jones, CVRC Secretary, N1JHJ