CONTOOCOOK VALLEY RADIO CLUB
May 9, 2017
- There were 29 people present.
- Secretaries report and Treasurer’s Report were given.
- The above reports were accepted.
- After a report by Pete Jones on how he does auctions and the various successes he has had, a motion was made by Larry Beaglr and seconded by KB1CSI to do an auction for the support of the CVRC Scholarship Fund. All in favor with 1 nay.
- The Web Master gave us an update and indicated that the transition to a different web address was still in progress.
- President noted that the dates for Field Day were June 24th and 25th.
- Note for Band Captains: Bring your computers to the next June Meeting for a software update.
- Jen gave the menu for Field Day. As usual, it sounded real good! The cost is still $5.00 per meal.
- TRAINING SESSION: All those interested in assisting with the antenna mast setup prior to Field Day, please come to Jen’s House on May 20th at 9:00 am for the training.
- Since we had the resignation of our past Vice President, Frank Ross, and in accordance with our Constitution, we must have an election for a new Vice President today.
- We asked for nominations. There was one. It was Jeff Shaw, KB1WTI.
- The vote was taken and Jeff was approved as our new Vice President.
- The next General Meeting will be the FIRST Tuesday of June, not the second Tuesday, as is the usual. It will be on June 6th.
- The meeting was adjourned.
- Next, K1NKR gave a presentation on radio and its use around the time of the sinking of the Titanic. The presentation was very well received and there were several questions during the course of the presentation.