CONTOOCOOK VALLEY RADIO CLUB
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING – 4/25/17
- Discussion: The meeting began shortly after 7:00 pm. There were 10 people present: Steve J., Mike, Larry, Frank, Ken, Jen, our President, Dale, Mickie, Jeff and Pete.
- There was discussion to look at ideas for future projects, on the order of the successful one just completed, the construction of a ground plane antenna. Some recommendations were to refer to U Tube videos by Dave Tadlock and KG6ZZ.
- Suggested we consider filter kits, other antennas, soldering, etc.
- Jen noted that Elmering is very important and should strongly be encouraged. We need to try to organize the effort.
- Scholarship Committee: Noted that there are now 8 applications for the scholarship we wish to offer.
- We decided that the CVRC as a whole will not be reading individual applications. That chore is the Review Committees job and they are ready to perform their job, maintaining appropriate confidentiality in the process.
- The committee consists of: Jim Lord, citizen, the retired Fire Chief, Dale, Steve, Mike P.
- Next, Mickie gave the Treasurer’s Report.
- The Secretaries Report was given. They were both accepted/approved.
- Noted that K1BKE@Word Press is where the club ‘e’ mails come from.
- Also noted that the New Members Welcome Letter needs to be revised/updated.
- For the next meeting only, Larry Beagle will replace Ken Wilkens for getting the Library room ready for the next General Meeting, on the second Tuesday of May, May 9th.
- Our meeting was adjourned at 8:18 pm.
Steve Jones, Secretary